Here in the MfE office we’ve noticed that next month is International Ideas Month. Which has got us thinking. Most of the impressive things in our modern world started as a vague idea in someone’s head. Without those initial thoughts we wouldn’t have smartphones, CT scanners or the Hadron Collider! International ideas month is all about realising the value of an idea, no matter how silly it may seem. If there’s something you’ve been mulling over for a while, an idea you’ve had but not really thought of making it a reality, then this month is the time to get your great idea rolling. Now you may be thinking I’m not sure I have any great ideas. Well, what about coming up with a new way to support MFE? Here’s some ideas we’ve come up with –
- HAVE A CELEBRATION – Hold an evening soiree, a three-course dinner or a pancake party in your kitchen. Invite your friends to donate to MFE.
- HOST A COFFEE MORNING – Pick a time and place and host your own coffee morning. Have a chat, a brew and raise money for a good cause.
- GET CRAFTY – Make homemade cards for Mother’s Day, Easter or birthdays and sell to family and friends.
- GIVE SOME TIME – You can give of your time by offering to volunteer at one of our events or in the office
- SPEND YOUR MONEY – When buying on Amazon switch to Amazon Smile and choose MfE as your charity, a donation will come to us at no extra cost to you.
- Booking for this year’s Summer school is now open. This year’s event will take place between 10 – 12 August at Trent College, Long Eaton. Full details can be found at https://www.music-for-everyone.org/event/summer-school-2020/ Looking forward to seeing many of you there!
- NB Please note the MFE office will be CLOSED tomorrow – Tuesday 25 February – due to a staff First Aid training day, business as normal on Wednesday!
Have a good week!
Your friends at MfE.
www.music-for-everyone.org | 0115 9589312
10 Goose Gate | Hockley | NG1 1FF
#MfEMondays are Music for Everyone’s new weekly emails designed to keep you up to date with MfE events & to circulate interesting finds, special features, and motivational moments for your Mondays! We are aiming to send out something new each week.