Music for Everyone
To find out about our volunteering scheme or if you have any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Principal Instrumental Animateur
Location: Hockley, Nottingham
Salary range: £22,250 (pro-rata) per annum
Hours: 3 days initially (flexible hours – to include the possibility of some evening and weekend work
Starting Date: 1 September 2021or at convenient date to the successful candidate
Music for Everyone is a dynamic, independent, community-based arts organisation with over 35 years’ experience in devising and running innovative music participation events across Nottingham and the East Midlands. It enjoys a strong reputation for providing people of all ages with high quality opportunities to make music, develop creatively and have fun, all within a dynamic and caring environment. It provides progression pathways, culminating in specialist ensembles for both singers and instrumentalists.
The role of Principal Instrumental Animateur is an important senior post at Music for Everyone www.music-for-everyone.org
We are looking for an experienced instrumentalist with a commitment to support and enhance Music for Everyone’s existing youth and adult programme.
Successful candidates should have:
- proven strengths in directing both youth and adult groups
- Excellent musicianship and reading with a good understanding of orchestral instruments
- Basic arranging skills
- A broad knowledge of exciting repertoire appropriate for different ages, standards and styles
- Good interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude
- Innovative and creative ideas for expanding our membership base and improving our diversity and inclusion, especially in our youth work
The main responsibilities of the post include but are not limited to:
- overseeing the running and development of large scale youth instrumental workshops
- conducting one (or both, depending on experience) of our regularly rehearsing
youth groups – Nottingham Youth Wind Band (gds 3 – 6 Thursday 5pm – 6.30pm, term time only) and Strictly Strings (gds 3 – 4, Sunday afternoon 2.30 – 4.30pm, once every three weeks)
- setting up a new auditioned wind band ensemble for young players grade 5+
- conducting one or both of our MfE’s Daytime Orchestra as required on a Tuesday morning (Loughborough) and Thursday morning (Nottingham) from 10.30am – 12.30pm
- assisting in conducting our Blow the Dust off Your Instrument workshop days (adult instrumental days for players of all experience, grade 2 and above which take place twice a year in January and June)
- exploring the possibility of, and devising new, informal music-making opportunities for instrumentalists across the region
The post provides the opportunity to take on new challenges in a supportive context, working with a committed team of experienced music leaders, administrative staff and voluntary supporters, and to develop relationships with schools, local authorities and other partners in the region.
Music for Everyone is focused on embedding equality, diversity and inclusion in all that we do. As part of this, we welcome a diverse population to join our artistic and administrative team and therefore encourage applicants from all communities, particularly those with protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
For full job description and application details please contact Su Evans (General Manager), Email: email@example.com or Tel: 0115 958 9312.
Deadline for applications: Monday 5th July 2021
The interview process will have two stages. Formal interviews will be held in Nottingham on Friday 9th July and candidates successful at interview will then be invited to take a short rehearsal at MfE’s community Instrumental workshop ‘Blow the dust off your Instrument’ which takes place on Saturday 10th July at Nottingham’s Albert Hall.