KEEPING IN TOUCH
What a difference a week makes, last Monday it was freezing cold and snowing; this Monday it’s well over 75F in my greenhouse, the sky is blue and the birds are starting to sing. Is Spring just round the corner? Let’s hope so!
Many of our singers have already replied to our Singing Project Questionnaire. If you have received this questionnaire information then please do reply – even if it is to say you no longer want to receive information! And if you haven’t received it then please do click on this link. https://bit.ly/3jIKZRO
Our friends at Lakeside Arts have contacted us to ask if we could let you all know about their online concert series. They currently have 4 forthcoming concerts to suit a variety of tastes, all of which are available to stream from home.
Here are the details:
- Rachel Podger, baroque violinist, will be performing live tonight (Monday 15 February), and the concert will be available to stream until Monday 22 February.
- Manchester Collective with guest Soprano Ruby Hughes will be streaming Sunday 21 – Sunday 28 February.
- Abel Selaocoe, South African cellist, will be streaming Thursday 11 – Sunday 21 March.
- Sura Susso, Gambian Kora player and percussionist, will be streaming Friday 19 – Monday 29 March.
You can read more on each of the concerts at this link: https://www.lakesidearts.org.uk/whats-on-search.html?category=music&from=21012021&venue=46
Enjoy the sunshine!
With all best wishes
- We love a good musical animal video, here’s a chicken playing Puccini… you’re welcome! Cleverly done using lights on the keyboard to attract the chicken to hit the right notes! https://www.classicfm.com/composers/puccini/guides/puccini-chicken/
Have a good week!
Your friends at MfE.
www.music-for-everyone.org | 0115 9589312
10 Goose Gate | Hockley | NG1 1FF
#MfEMondays are Music for Everyone’s weekly emails designed to keep you up to date with MfE events & to circulate interesting finds, special features, and motivational moments for your Mondays! We are aiming to send out something new each week.