Job Title: Principal Vocal Animateur
Location: Nottingham City Centre
Salary range: £20,000 – £22,000 (pro-rata) per annum
Hours: 2 days (flexible hours)
Starting Date: From 18 April 2017 or at a mutually convenient date
The role of Principal Vocal Animateur is a new post at Music for Everyone, a unique, dynamic and successful music participation organisation for people of all ages in the East Midlands.
We are looking for an experienced vocal specialist with a commitment to support and enhance Music for Everyone’s existing youth and adult programme.
The post holder will have proven strengths in directing choral groups and have a wide knowledge of repertoire for both adults and youth. The main responsibilities of the post include but are not limited to:
- overseeing the running and development of our Vocal workshop events (3 per year) and also conducting some of the Vocals groups
- overseeing the running and development of our regularly rehearsing youth groups which meet on a Tuesday evening from 6.15pm – 7.30pm (junior groups) and 7.30pm – 9.00pm (senior group)
- developing a series of school workshops to raise the profile of MfE’s Vocal programme
- assisting in the development and conducting of MfE’s chamber choir, the East of England singers who rehearse on a Wednesday evening in West Bridgford from 7.30pm – 9.45pm
- assisting in conducting MfE daytime groups
- assisting in conducting MfE’s Nottingham Festival Chorus at workshops and weekend courses
- exploring the possibility of, and devising new, music-making opportunities for adult singers across the region
For full job description and application details please contact Su Evans (General Manager), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0115 958 9312. The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on 20 March 2017. Interviews will take place in Nottingham on Thursday 30 March and Friday 31 March 2017. Candidates called for interview will be required to take a rehearsal of one of the Tuesday evening youth groups on Tuesday 28 March and of the East of England Singers on Wednesday 29 March.
For more information on how to become involved with Music for Everyone, please visit our Volunteer page.